How to make an appointment
Telephone lines are open between 8am and 6.30pm and the main Surgery telephone number is 01279 465700.
You can ring anytime during this period to make an appointment. We operate a menu telephone system and when you call you will be asked to select the appropriate number on your keypad to make an appointment.
We run a computerised appointments system and appointments can be made at either surgery for either site. You can make an appointment by:
- Using our online booking system (24 hours)
- Telephoning the Surgery
- Visiting the Reception Desk at the Surgery
We operate a 3 tier appointment system:
- Appointments that release 4 weeks in advance for routine or ongoing matters
- Appointments that release 2 working days in advance for acute non urgent matters
- A sit and wait clinic at South Street in the morning and Bishop’s Park in the afternoon for matters that need urgent on the day attention.
The standard time for a consultation with a Doctor is 10 minutes which is generally for one problem. If you feel that your problem is more complex or you wish to discuss a number of medical issues please request a double appointment at the time of booking.
GP and nurse appointments are now available in your area during the evenings and at the weekend, as part of an ‘extended access’ service for patients registered at practices in Bishop’s Stortford, Sawbridgeworth and the surrounding areas.
You will be able to book appointments to see a GP, Nurse or other health professional in the evenings between 6.30-8pm and at weekends from 9am-1pm. Appointments can be booked either in advance or on the day and will be held in different locations across the area.
For more information on the extended access service or to book an appointment please contact your practice reception or call 01279465700.