The new, simple and secure way to access a range of NHS services on your smartphone or tablet. The App is free to download.
Use the NHS App to
- check your symptoms
- find out what to do when you need help urgently
- book and manage appointments at your GP surgery
- order repeat prescriptions
- securely view your GP medical record
- register to be an organ donor
- choose how the NHS uses your data
The NHS App connects securely to your SystmOne electronic medical record. It currently offers better functionality than the SystmOnline App.
Setting up the NHS APP
- a. Open the App and create an account. You will need you NHS number, a valid email address and a mobile number for receiving verification codes. You will only need to do this stage once.
- b. Link the NHS App to your Practice system. You should only need to do this stage once, although you may need to reset the link if technical problems occur. There are two ways that you can do this.
If you already have online access to your medical record, you will need:
2) The ODS (organisation) code for your practice,
3) Your Account ID and,
4) The third party product Passphrase.
a) and b) can be found in Account Information in your SystmOnline Access. All three pieces of information will have been included in the original letter you received giving your login details for SystmOnline, however the Passphrase can be reissued for you by the practice. You will need to provide ID in order for this to be done.
If you do not have online access to your medical record, you will need ID such as UK Photo driving licence or Passport. Allow the NHS App access to the camera on your phone/tablet. Take a photograph of your ID when prompted, ensure that all four corners of the ID are visible in the picture. When requested, record a short video of yourself. You will be asked to say the numbers displayed on screen. Once the request is submitted, your ID will be verified. This may take a few hours. You will be notified by email if the verification is successful. Your surgery will be sent a task, which once actioned will link the NHS App to your record.
Register for online access with your surgery (policies may vary) and obtain the ODS code, account ID and Passphrase.
5) Logging in to the NHS App. Each time you log in you will need your email address and the password you set (NOT the Passphrase). A 6 digit verification code will be sent to the mobile number you registered in step 1.
The eConsult tool available via our website enables you to send a message to the practice at any time or find advice about common health problems. If submitted by 12.00pm we will aim to respond the same day otherwise we will respond by the end of the next working day. It may not always be necessary for the clinician to speak with you. eConsult is also available via the NHS App.