Our family planning nurses offer free, confidential advice and information about contraception and sexual health.
We provide a range of services including:
- confidential advice about contraception
- the combined oral contraceptive pill
- the progestogen-only pill
- progestogen injections
- limited supplies of free condoms
- free emergency contraceptio
- confidential advice about STIs
- cervical screening
- unplanned pregnancy advice
- free pregnancy tests
- pre-conception advice and fertility awareness information
- fitting and checking of caps, diaphragms, and coils (intrauterine devices, or IUDs)
Family Planning services are also available at The Kitwood Unit of Herts and Essex Hospital on Monday evenings from 6.30pm to 8.30pm. The clinic runs on an appointment basis and appointments can be booked via telephone during clinic hours on 01279 657759.
Up to date information on services is available on http://www.hertschs.nhs.uk/services
Also family planning clinics are run at the Addison Health Centre, Galen House, 1st Floor, Fourth Avenue, Harlow, CM20 1DW. Call 0208 2724600 to check times for appointments.
For more information please visit the websites below:
Planning a Pregnancy – NHS Choices
Cervical Screening – NHS Choices
The Facts about Contraception – NHS Choices