The practice has a team of highly trained and experienced nurses and two health care assistants to provide you with your routine and specialist care. They provide assessment, screening, treatment, care and education and have a strong focus on health promotion, both planned and opportunistic.
Our trained and experienced Healthcare Assistants are able to deal with an increasing range of services including blood pressure measuring, ECGs, dietary advice and simple wound management. They also run Weight Management and Smoking Cessation Clinics.
Within our team we also have nurses who are able to prescribe for a range of conditions.
Our Nursing Team offers general nursing services including: dressings, leg ulcer management, blood pressure management, travel health and vaccinations, cervical smears, ear syringing, immunisations, removal of stitches & staples and are also skilled in a variety of specialities including:
- Family planning including insertion of implants and coils.
- Minor illness Nurses trained to diagnose and prescribe for a number of different conditions and can see anyone over 1 year old.
- Chronic disease management including diabetes, cardiovascular conditions, hypertension, asthma & COPD.
- Medication reviews for chronic disease.
- Cryotherapy (for removal of warts and verrucas)